Love is in the hair!
How much do you love, adore and nourish yourself and how does that spill over into how you nurture your Natural? And more importantly, how well can your Natural tell?
Is your hair dry, brittle, color damaged, or just plain flat? Or does it have a luster or shine that dances across each coil, kink and curl? Either way, today’s Love Natural can support you in showing some Love to yourself, starting with your crown.
I met this awe-inspiring sistar during a My Empowerment, My Way: The Goddess Series workshop in Brooklyn and have been walking beside her ever since, Oooh-ing and Aah-ing at just how amazing she is and how her hair reflects one aspect of her undeniable self-Love.
Introducing Love Natural, Andriana Styles! Andriana’s been doing hair since the age of twelve and turned her deepest desires to cultivate healthy hair into attractive styles into her life work five years ago when she graduated from hair school and began working at the Ah Spa in Yonkers, New York.
Andriana personally made the transition back to her natural hair when she decided to cut it nearly three years ago. Inspired by other Love Naturals such as Grace Jones and Diana Ross and thinking to herself, “I really wasn’t embracing myself,” and “if I love myself, why can’t I love my natural hair”. With that thought, she was off and cut off all of her relaxed hair herself, and got a clean slate with some finishing touches with the help of a barber. Looking into the mirror, Andriana found herself pleasantly surprised and saying, “Wow, this is Me!”
“Me coming into me and being myself. Me becoming Andriana Styles. Me evolving and accepting myself and knowing that’s okay.”
Till this day, Andriana styles her hair herself and refers to this particular look as a slice of blonde color with a rat tail in the back. And she continues to bring other curious transitioners into their own Love Naturals style.
I asked Andriana to share with us a natural hair care color tip, and here’s the scoop. “The shorter the hair, the lighter you can go. You don’t want to dry out the hair and make it brittle.” And if you still want a little help and inspiration, cruise on over to the Ah Spa. Known as the “transition spa”, it’s a hair spa where Andrianna says you can just “forget about everything else and have that moment for [yourself]”.
You can find Andriana Styles on Instagram or email her at andriana15@gmail.com and be the next “ah factor” to step out on to the scene. Tell her Happy Birthday while you're at it!!! And maybe my SLR and I will spot you and capture your beauty-full Love Natural self for our next edition of I Heart My Coil’s Napsodik photoblog.
Keep It Kinky,
Kymani Jade
I <3 My Coils


No comments:
Post a Comment